Happy Tuesday, Booknerds!!! I hope you are all having a great week so far. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is Books That Surprised Me (in a good or bad way).
For this week I decided to go with Books That Pleasantly Surprised Me. A few years ago I would have said that contemporary books are just not my cup of tea, but that has completely changed since reading some of the fantastic contemporaries listed below.
1. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell— my absolute favorite contemporary. I re-read this at least once every year.
2. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell— such an amazing read! Can’t believe it made the Banned Books list. If you haven’t read this I highly recommend it. Break the rules, rebel, and pick it up!
3. The Fault In Our Stars by John Green— In reading the synopsis for this book, I didn’t think I would enjoy it much, but I ended up absolutely loving it!
4. The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas— I just finished this last week and I am still trying to write a review that would do this justice. It is such an important and powerful read. No wonder it won all the awards!
5. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli — This is just a fantastic story!
6. Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern — this book is pure perfection. I don’t think my review can ever do it justice. (Review)
7. I’ll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson — This was such an emotional read, but I loved every minute of it!
8. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon— This was such a fun read. (Review)
9. The Upside Of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli — I am actually currently reading this, but I felt like I had to include it on this list because it’s such a cute read. I’ve had quite a few laugh out loud moments!
10. Anna and the French Kiss, Lola and the Boy Next Door, and Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins — I cheated a bit here since I really adored all three books and they are so interconnected.
How did you interpret this week's topic?