Hello, Booknerds!!! Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly post hosted by Jana at That Artsy Reader Girl. This week’s topic is Books/Series I Really Liked But Can't Remember Much About. So without further ado here is my top ten for the week:
1-4. These series are all by L.J Smith: The Night World Series, The Secret Circle, Forbidden Game, and Dark Visions were all read in 2011. I remember falling in love with her writing style and kept reading everything I could get my hands on by her. The only thing missing from her
collection is The Vampire Diaries. I decided early on not to read that series as she had lost the rights to it and other people ended up continuing writing the series. I definitely will need to revisit these books, especially the Night World series if she decides to continue it as it has been rumored for years.
5. Evernight series by Claudia Gray – Evernight, Stargazer, Hourglass read in 2014 – I still need to finish reading this series. Afterlife is the last book in the series and there is a spinoff novel, Balthazar that I would also like to read. I can still remember the main story line of this series, so whenever I do make time to finish it I would only need to skim through the first three books in order to refresh my memory.
6. Abhorsen trilogy by Garth Nix : Abhorsen, Lirael read in 2014 – This is a series that I am ashamed to admit that I didn’t finish because I loved these books. Abhorsen and Lirael aren’t only amazing novels but they also hold a special place in my heart because they were the first
audiobooks I ever listened to and feel completely in love with audiobooks. (side note, the first 3 audiobooks are narrated by Tim Curry!!!)
7. The Maze Runner series by James Dashner : The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials, and The Death Cure read in 2014 – Let me just say that I loved the Maze Runner series when I first read them. I can still remember the main storyline, but the details have gotten somewhat blurry. What I haven’t forgotten though is how much I loved Newt!!
8. Switched by Amanda Hocking read in 2014 – Switched is the first book in the Trylle trilogy (Switched, Torn, and Ascend). I remember really enjoying this read and I still remember parts of the story, but if I ever make time to read this series, I would probably need a full re-read.
9. The Gemma Doyle series by Libba Bray: A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels, and The Sweet Far Thing read between 2013 and 2014 – I flew through this series back when I first read it and I remember really enjoying it. There are things about it I still remember, but a lot of the specifics elude me.
10. Chaos Walking series by Patrick Ness: The Knife of Never Letting Go, The Ask and the Answer, and Monsters of Men read in 2013. This series is the one I am most ashamed to admit that I don’t remember much about. It’s sitting in my “Favorites” shelf on GoodReads and that is because I remember being obsessed with it. It is a series I still recommend to people because I remember just how much I loved it. And like with other series above, I do remember a lot of the main storyline, but as I was thinking about it I just realized how many details are gone from my memory. If you haven’t read this yet, I would highly recommend it. The first book in the series, The Knife of Never Letting Go, is currently being made into a movie with an impressive cast, such as Daisy Riddley, Tom Holland, Mads Mikkelsen, and many more.
Which books made your list this week?